Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks forms part of the FTSE-50 energy company, SSE.
Our electricity distribution and transmission networks carry electricity to over 3.7 million homes and businesses across the north of the Central Belt of Scotland and also Central Southern England.
Our skilled teams are based right across the regions we serve, from the bustle of West London to the smallest villages in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. They are supported by engineering and customer service teams based in major offices and depots in centres like Reading, Portsmouth, Perth and Inverness.
• Over 4,000 employees, working from 85 depots and offices in the heart of the community.
• 130,000km of overhead lines and underground cables
• 106,000 substations
• Over 100 subsea cables, powering island communities
• 3.7m customers served by our networks across central southern England (over 2.9m) and the north of Scotland (740,000)
• Last year we handled over 550,000 calls from our customers, over 1,500 a day
• Last year we gave £1m to local community projects through our Resilient Communities Fund
• Over 450,000 vulnerable customers identified on our Priority Services Register with 11,000 assisted during power outages last year
We're responsible for maintaining the electricity networks supplying over 3.7 million homes and businesses across central southern England and north of the Central Belt of Scotland.
We own one electricity transmission network and two electricity distribution networks, comprising 106,000 substations and 130,000 km of overhead lines and underground cables across one third of the UK.
Our first priority is to provide a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities we serve in Scotland and England.