Energy Storage, EV Charging and EV Connections
Our new £50m Centre for Advanced Low Carbon Propulsion Systems (C-ALPS) is a Coventry University research centre, established to partner with the propulsion system supply chain and accelerate the progression to carbon-zero transport.
Working across the automotive, aerospace, and marine and rail industries, we’re here to support these sectors create cleaner mobility and to help develop the supply chain so that it can deliver these rapidly developing ‘enabling’ technologies.
C-ALPS is the most advanced test facility of its kind in the UK. This unique 40,000 sq. ft research and test centre in Coventry is continually evolving and currently incorporates:
1) State-of-the-art battery test facilities
2) Prototype cylindrical and pouch battery, supercapacitor cell prototyping line and materials laboratory
3) Electronics lab and power-semiconductor characterisation facility
4) Hydrogen research laboratory and vehicle workshops
5) Expertise and advice on commercialising research and development activity
6) Independent facility able to work with multiple OEMs, tier 1s and SMEs
Route to project funding from the likes of Innovate UK, EPSRC and APC